GSSCC Website Accessibility WebinarIs your business a target for an accessibility lawsuit?
GSSCC Website Accessibility Webinar
Thank you for attending the GSSCC Website Accessibility Webinar. We’ll publish a video of the webinar along with a copy of the slide deck as soon as it’s available.
The Full Presentation will be available on the Greater Silver Spring Chamber of Commerce’s YouTube channel and will be embedded here with a full transcript once it has been edited and published.
- ADA.gov homepage – https://www.ada.gov/
- Unruh Civil Rights Act – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unruh_Civil_Rights_Act
- Disability Inclusion Overview – https://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/disability
- Guidance on Web Accessibility and the ADA – https://beta.ada.gov/resources/web-guidance/
- WCAG 2 Overview | W3C – https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/wcag/
- Developing an Accessibility Statement | W3C – https://www.w3.org/WAI/planning/statements/
- Overlay False Claims – https://overlayfalseclaims.com/
- Overlay Fact Sheet – https://overlayfactsheet.com/
- #accessiBe Will Get You Sued — https://adrianroselli.com/2020/06/accessibe-will-get-you-sued.html
- Easy Checks – A First Review of Web Accessibility | W3C – https://www.w3.org/WAI/test-evaluate/preliminary/
- WordPress.org – https://wordpress.org/
- WCAG-EM Overview: Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology | W3C – https://www.w3.org/WAI/test-evaluate/conformance/wcag-em/
- WebAIM: Quick Reference – Testing Web Content for Accessibility – https://webaim.org/resources/evalquickref/
- How to Meet WCAG (Quickref Reference) – https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/quickref/
Using Sass with Pinegrow
I recently had someone ask whether Pinegrow supports Sass, so I thought I’d do a quick video demonstration. In this demo, I show you how we activate our Sass stylesheet and how we can use a simple Sass variable to change the color of a heading.
Pinegrow Countdown: Day 1 – Pinegrow Plays Nice with Others
A lot of products in the WordPress space have grown in popularity, primarily because of their open and flexible ecosystem that allows 3rd party developers to create add-ons, extensions, and libraries. Pinegrow also has a great plugin API. But I’m going to show you in this video, that in most cases, you don’t even need it.
Pinegrow Countdown: Day 2 – Pinegrow is STILL not a Page Builder
In this video, I’m going to show you why Pinegrow is different from Page Builders so you don’t fall into the trap of trying to use it like something it’s not, only to get frustrated and give up.
Pinegrow Countdown: Day 3 – Frameworks in Pinegrow
Pinegrow has built some fantastic helpers for popular frameworks. In fact, when you start a new project in either Pinegrow Desktop or the Pinegrow WordPress plugin, you’ll be asked which framework you want to choose. If you are already used to using one of the built-in frameworks, the choice will be easy. If not, this little video will hopefully help you understand what the frameworks do and how you should answer those important initial questions.
Pinegrow Countdown: Day 4 – WordPress Blocks and Themes
When you start a new WordPress project in Pinegrow, one of the first things you’ll need to decide is whether you will create a Block Plugin or a complete theme. In this video, I’ll help you understand their differences so you can start on the right foot.